Visual Content Marketing: Some Eye-popping Numbers
A recent post from Larry Kim on Inc.com reveals that the way people are consuming content online is undergoing revolutionary change. In a nutshell, people are reading far less and consuming visual media far more. It’s been obvious for a long time that our culture is becoming more visual but these figures, included in an infographic produced by WebDAM, were pretty eye-opening:
- The average person gets distracted in eight seconds.
- An estimated 84 percent of communications will be visual by 2018.
- An estimated 79 percent of internet traffic will be video content by 2018.
- People are 85 percent more likely to buy a product after viewing a product video.
- Posts with videos attract 3X more links than text-only posts.
Check out the complete infographic.
What does all of this mean for marketers? Two things: First, stop writing bullet points for your audience and start thinking in terms of visual storytelling. Second, work with people who understand the art of visual storytelling. Now, who might that be?
Images courtesy WebDAM.