Planet Nutshell seeks a talented 2D Animator/Designer to join our team full time. Founded in 2008, we’re an independent producer of short-form educational and explanatory animation.
Our team focuses on creating purpose-driven media for non-profits, educational broadcasters, technology companies, and healthcare organizations. Recent clients include The World Wildlife Fund, athenahealth, and Shriners Hospitals for Children.
Our ideal candidate will integrate with our team to storyboard, design, animate, and composite work that informs, educates, and inspires. Our work is primarily 2D, but we occasionally work with 3D elements.
Above all, our ideal candidate is highly creative and passionate. Other requirements include:
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills. Must be able to collaborate work with others in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to think both conceptually and technically on projects from conception to execution and delivery
• Familiarity with latest trends and techniques in motion design. You’re always looking for the latest approaches, filters, and expressions that help keep our work world-class
• Demonstrated experience in a studio environment or as a freelancer
• Demonstrated ability to consistently meet project deadlines without compromising artistic vision
• Ability to multitask and juggle projects
• Openness to feedback and ability to give and receive constructive criticism
• A background in graphic design and illustration is a plus
Required technical skills:
• Advanced experience in Adobe After Effects
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Animate (Flash!)
Preferred technical skills:
• Adobe Premiere
• Adobe Photoshop
• Maxon Cinema 4D
This is a three month contract position with the potential for a full time position after the initial trial period. Our studio is located in Boston’s Back Bay, steps from the Back Bay T station (commuter rail and subway), and three blocks from the Copley Green Line station.
Please submit your reel, resume, and a brief statement about why you’d be great for this position to jobs (at) planetnutshell (dot) com